Friday, November 2, 2012

It's all About your Head ... or Neck, as the Case May Be

It's been a bit of a tough week for me, and so I knew I needed to blog ... not to vent, mind you. I'll spare you that ... but I needed to create my Freebie Friday printable for you and pour some humor into my life. Hopefully, it will offer you a chance to chuckle as well ... and yes, I give you permission to laugh at me, I'm laughing at me while I write this.

As I said, it's been a bit of a trying week. But, I've realized that it's all about perspective. I was griping to a friend of mine about some of my troubles and then promptly moved into another stresser that just popped up, albeit a good one. As any good friend would do, she promptly said "Boo Hoo ... must be rough to have Google wanting to promote you on the internet, I'm sure that's really terrible." And ... it hit me. What the heck am I complaining about. See ... it's all about perspective. I'm worrying over my house being perfect for a photographer that Google is sending to my home as they are highlighting me for the state of Indiana with one of their ad campaigns. Who freakin' gets to do that? Me!!!! I can't believe it's happening to me. So, why am I stressing out. I should be jumping up and down, thrilled beyond my wildest dreams ... and GRATEFUL!!!!

Some people don't even have a home right now thanks to Hurricane Katrina, and I'm freaking out about what is probably the chance of a lifetime, business-wise. So ... as I thought about what I could use for inspiration for my Freebie Friday, I turned to Marie. We always think about the fun she had, fashion, wearing anything she wanted, escaping to Trianon to get away from the court politics, and we promptly forget the woman lost her head ... literally. So, while this picture is not Marie, it is Marie-esque (do you like my made up word?). I hope you enjoy and get a laugh out of it.

As always, feel free to click on it and then right click to save to your computer. You may only use it for personal use (print or as a wallpaper for your computer) but may not mass produce. Fee free to send anyone my way to get their own copy.

Have a wonderful weekend mes amies ... and keep your perspective straight (and your heads on!).


3 comments:

marda said...

Congratulations.. that's sounds like quite an honor. And poor Marie, or whoever had to wear those elaborate headdresses. Antiques Roadshow had an interesting "contraption" not long ago. It was a wooden headrest.. didn't look at all comfortable.. but it was for women who had these enormous hair concotions with all manner of stuff put in there too, and would keep them for as long as several months!!! EWWWW can you imagine how that must have smelled after awhile??? Anyway, that's how they slept, keeping this arrangement 10" or so in the air. It wasn't easy being rich!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the back story! I have read before that they definitely went long term before washing the hair. I cannot even imagine how itchy it must have been. Talk about a rat's nest!! Then, if you think about all of the powder as well, it must have really started loading down, weight- wise. I won't even go to the smell part. Let's just say I was born in the right time period!!

marda said...

Touche'