Monday, November 26, 2012

And Now ... I can Handle Christmas!!

After listening to Christmas music and looking at Christmas products since before Halloween ... I am now officially embracing the Holiday season!

* Do I have my home decorated? No
* Do I have my lights up? No
* Do I have my music out and on? No
* Have I bought all of my presents? No, but some of them.
* Do I want to do it all now? YES!!

However, I have my son's wedding to go to (Dec. 1st) and so I'm chomping at the bit to get him married, so I can ...

* relax over the wedding and start stressing out about Christmas
* Decorate til the cows come home - my favorite part of Christmas.
* Buy my "Christmas Vacation" sized Christmas tree (has to be real or it's not Christmas) my husband so graciously puts up with every year.
* And stress over all of my last minute orders in my shops.
* Stress over the perfect holiday menu and then cook until I can hardly stand, barely eating the food because I'm not hungry over smelling the food all day.

Sounds like fun, huh?! LOL!

Seriously, I love the holiday season. I love finding just the perfect gifts for people, and then going all OCD over the wrapping of the gifts. I love decorating my tree so that it's beautiful enough to be on the front of BHG magazine. I love the smells of spices in the air. I love the generosity of people, and the goodwill that you just don't see at other times of the year. I may even like my neighbor (who is a very crabby man, and very hard to like ... but you never know!).

So, in the spirit of Christmas, my Brag Monday entry for the Graphics Fairy are more Christmas gift tags. Hopefully you have taken advantage of some of the sales going on and you have presents that they will work perfectly for!

Bonjour mes amies, and have a wonderful week! Mine will be filled with last minute wedding preparations, and the excitement of seeing family members I haven't seen in over a year.

Au Revoir!!

Lorraine


*As always, these are for personal use only. No mass production allowed, however you may send any and everyone to my site to download their own personal copy.

3 comments:

marda said...

First off.. I LOVE that pink Santa!
I feel like a Scrooge this year as we will not be with family. We're all spread around the west..it's to expensive to fly.. the airports are to crazy at holiday time anyway.. the drive can be treacherous this time of year, so this year everyone will stay at home. SOOOO except for outside lights, hanging wreaths on our windows (outside) and putting candles in all the windows (10 facing the front) that will most likely be it. NO tree...a few small Christmasy decor things. Shopping will be done on-line with direct shipping.. a few handmade things... and money!!!! (I'll make special gift envelopes for that!!)
So, enjoy the wedding...ease up on the cooking...
cut down on the stress so you CAN really enjoy the season!!! (Maybe not as STRESS-FREE as I am this year!)

Unknown said...

Okay Marda ... Bah Humbug!! LOL! No Christmas tree at all??????? I want to ship a small one to you ... I can't have Christmas without a tree. Even the year that we went on a skiing trip instead of staying home, I still had to have a real tree put up, or it wasn't Christmas.

When we were very very poor medical students, I had to have a real tree. I'd tell my husband that even if that was all we could afford for a gift, that's all I wanted.

Please tell me you're at least having a little one on a table???? I do give you kudos for the wreaths on the windows and the candles. You've redeemed yourself there!

I promise I, in turn, will try to cut down on some of the stress ... but I can't promise I will be successful. It's just my nature to want everything to be perfect.

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so thrilled I found your blog page, I really found you by error,
while I was looking on Bing for something

else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks
for a remarkable post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t
have time to go through it all at the moment but I have bookmarked
it and also

added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the
fantastic work.
Feel free to surf my web-site : sasa.freehosting.md