Monday, September 17, 2012

What about Marie and Money?

So, today is Brag Monday, once again on the Graphics Fairy's blog (see her button to the left), and I wanted to do something a little different this time. Most often I tend to post a piece of jewelry, or one of my coaster designs. This time, I decided to create something that "I" needed, rather than something that would eventually end up in one of my stores.

So, what to make ... what to make? Well, I have this little problem ... or rather a little bit of a big one. I have paper clutter like no one's business. It seems as though just as soon as I get my papers under control, I get a whole bunch more in the mail or create a whole bunch more that need to be filed. And, as I now am self-employed, it is absolutely crucial that I keep my financial papers in order. You wouldn't necessarily guess that I have a problem, because I'm really good at hiding them in beautiful storage boxes. But, "I" know that they are just thrown in there until I can't put it off any longer.

So, I decided to psychologically trick myself. Who better than Marie Antoinette to put a smile on my face as I file my store receipts? I mean, the irony is absolutely perfect!! I love all things french. I even sympathize with Marie, and love that her style "Iconishness" (is that a word?) is still just as prevalent today as it was when she was alive. But, let's face it ... she wasn't known for her thriftiness or her attention to financial details.

So, I've created a financial journal and proceeded to design and create the cover for it. Now, I don't think it will be as difficult to file those business receipts away. I'll look at Marie and think ... "Wow" I'm really on the ball. No one is going to chop off my head now that I have this receipt put away in the proper place. LOL!!

So, here are some pictures of my brag entry (many thanks to the Graphics Fairy for her beautiul graphic of Marie). I hope you enjoy. It isn't necessarily overly embellished, I tend to prefer complexity in design, not in a lot of doodads. But, I'm rather proud of her, if I say so myself.


and here's another angle:


So, I must ask ... What tricks do you do to motivate yourself into doing those things that you don't want to do? Oh, do tell!!

Au Revoir, mes amies. A bientot (until next time).

Bisou Bisou,

Lorraine

No comments: