Monday, September 10, 2012

Brag Monday Entry 09/10/2012

Bonjour Mes Amies,

It's been a little while since I posted, but I have been out of town off and on, and now I'm back on track!! I wanted to share my Brag Monday entry with you which is held at the Graphics Fairy (see her blog badge to the left in my favorites column). I have had the bezel for this necklace for quite some time, and have been waiting for inspiration to hit. And, Voila, while looking through the Graphics Fairies free clip art, I finally struck paydirt.

I've been doing quite a bit of studying lately about many of the illustrations that I use in my jewelry and graphics art. And so I have been spending a lot of time back in history, at least in my head. So, what better decision than to go farrrrrrrr back in time and use a royal coat of arms? Since I absolutely adore French history, British history, truly just history period, for that matter, I thought this would be a fun design to work with.

I have to admit that I have read so many classic novels that center in one historical time period or another. And, many a time I have wished I could have lived then ... only with air conditioning and good hygene. I'm not too picky, am I? So, if I were to live in a historical time period, I would definitely want to have been royal, or at least from a noble family. They couldn't have promised air conditioning, but I would at least have had a shot at wonderful fashion and better hygene!

So, here is my entry. I wanted to create a piece that would work well with Autumn tones, as I cannot wait to get into my sweaters and Fall clothes. Let me know what you think! If you were to live in the past, which time period would you choose, and why?




Au Revoir, mes amies. A Bientot!!

Lorraine



No comments: