Saturday, September 15, 2012

"I WANT LUXURY!"

Over the past several months, as I've been investigating and researching vintage couture, I have been increasingly aware of how relevant many of the designs are, still to this day. It is mind boggling how truly beautiful and proportionate style can maintain its beauty, throughout the ages. And, as my mind tends to wander from one idea to the next ... I started asking myself ... why do we become so attracted to fleeting styles, when often they aren't something that we could see ourselves in 5, 10, or 20 years from now. I mean, I hope I'm not the only one who looks back at her school or younger pictures and thinks ... "What was I thinking?" And, I have to admit, many a time my mother would say she couldn't understand my fashion choices ... to which I thought she just didn't understand what was "au courant." And, as much as I hate to admit it, she was right!

So, my mind bounced to the next thought ... why do we accept less than the best when we look to fashion? Many would say, well, I can't afford this, or I can't afford that. But, one thing my grandmother did teach me was that you don't have to have a lot of clothes, if the clothes you have are right for you. Once again, they fit your proportions well, they are made with good fabrics, and are well cared for. But, we tend to live in a very consumer driven society where the seasons and fashions change at the drop of a hat (pun intended). And, many of us feel that we have to have the latest, even if the latest isn't really what works for us!

So, I've decided I'm going to go through my closet and ask myself the question ... "Will I wear this 5 years from now?" If the answer is no, then what the heck is it doing in my closet? I've allowed myself to be influenced by a fashion blip on the fashion timeline, and I don't want to do that anymore.

Once my son (who was 9 at the time) asked for a CD player for his very own. Now, this is the child who broke every one else's CD player in the house. So, I told him he could either save up his money to get one, or, he could use an old one that only played the radio and casettes. He was immediately irate and emphatically yelled "I don't want that ... I WANT LUXURY." Needless to say, I had the hardest time not cracking up!!

But, now I find myself thinking (in caps) I WANT LUXURY!! That doesn't mean that I want the most expensive or fanciest clothes or accessories. But, I want ones that fit right, I want ones that feel wonderful to the touch, I want ones that make me feel beautiful!

So, in keeping with that thought, I created today's "Freebie Friday" with just this idea in mind. I hope you enjoy!!


As always, this is for personal use, and not to be mass produced in any manner. However, you may always refer people to my blog for them to save their own copy. To save, click on the picture, and then right click to save to your computer.

And now, here comes my challenge ... check your closet and ask yourself the same questions! You're beautiful and worth having luxury!!

Have a wonderful weekend mes amies!!

Bonsoir,

Lorraine

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you Stella. I appreciate your compliment. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Kat's Purrfect Boutique said...

I love this quote!