Friday, August 24, 2012

Freebie Friday: To Hat or not to Hat?

I LOVE FALL. So, in order to get ready, I'm already looking at my sweaters longingly. I'm pulling out my scarves, and ... of course, thinking about my hats. Hats? you might ask. I LOVE hats!!

I never thought of myself as a hat person, until I started looking at wedding dresses. Now, this was in the mid 80's where everyone had a huge poof ball on the back of their heads. So, of course I wanted to have a huge poof ball on mine. But, as I started trying on veils, something just wasn't right. I then, tried on a hat. Voila!! I couldn't believe it ... I was a hat person. So, instead of the traditional 80's wedding dress and poof ... I wore a vintage style dress with an 1890's style hat. I loved my hat ... it was my favorite part of the whole outfit.

So, now, I'm always excited when I see a beautiful hat. Over the years it has been difficult to find great hats. I don't know why, but for some reason they went out with Jackie O. But, I'm on a personal mission to see the hat make a comeback. I think there is a hat for every woman, and a special place for her to wear that hat. So, I've created today's Freebie Friday printable about hats. Have a peak:


Feel free to download your own personal copy. Again, it's not for profit, only for personal use. You may not mass produce, but you are more than welcome to send anyone my way to download their own personal copy. Just click on the picture to get the full size, and you can then right click to save it to your computer.

So, what kind of hats do you like to wear? I have to admit I must have been born in the wrong time period, because I love cloche hats. I was able to find a gorgeous one at Charming Charlie's this last winter. I now wear it all fall and winter long. If you're aren't sure what a cloche hat is, here's a really cool picture of some:


This is actually a designer's sketch from 1923.

So, do tell ... what kind of hats do you wear? What are your favorite? I'd love to hear your comments.

And, as a suggestion, I've decided to have a "Mad Hatter" party with my girlfriends. as I said, I'm on a mission to get the hat back!! Maybe we'd be a kinder, gentler nation if we wore hats and returned to feeling like a lady when we wore one!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Bisou Bisou,

Lorraine

No comments: