Monday, July 30, 2012

In the Leafy Treetops

Growing up, one of my favorite songs in church was called "In the Leafy Treetops." the first line was: "In the leafy treetops the birds sing good morning." We had hand motions and it was a wonderful way to get the children involved and to say hello to everyone. I had to title this blog by that name, because I thought it was a great way to start the week and also wanted to share my Brag Monday entries with you.

Those who know me will understand that, bien sur, I had to do something with a bird theme!!

I created a coaster tile set using Victorian ephemera scraps from the Graphics Fairy (her link is to the left in my blog list). My second love is music, so of course I had to include musical quotes. I think they speak for themselves. I used a new type of lacquer varnish, which is extremely thick, and I'm very pleased with the results. If you have any questions about how I made them, please feel free to ask, and I'll share my dark and dirty secrets!! Here are my pictures:






What type of music do you have in your life? I ask this, because my husband tried an experiment this past couple of weeks. He is an ER physician and works in a highly stressful environment and encounters all types of people in his interactions. Needless to say, many of them are not at their best on any given day, much less in an emergency. He had been bringing music to work to get him "pumped up" (in his words) and to try to stay energetic. It did work at first, but then his attitude would slowly deteriorate as the day or night went on. So, he went 2 weeks without music at all, to (in his words) detox. He then only played uplifting and soul-speaking music in preparation for work. He was amazed at the difference in his ability to keep a positive attitude.

It is amazing how powerful music is. It can create beauty in our lives and help us maintain a beautiful attitude. What type of music do you listen to? Is it contributing to the beauty in your life? I challenge you to experiment with the types of music you listen to and see if it is pulling your attitude up, or down.

Au Revoir Mes Amies ... have a wonderful week!

Lorraine

2 comments:

Cindy The Victorian Journey said...

Your tiles are beautiful... Loved birds and love roses... these look great.. Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Cindy! I figured that with the title "The Victorian Journey" you might like the Victorian ephemera I used. I wish I could have captured the glossy finish without compromising the flash. But, my new lacquer finish is the bomb! No more modge podge for me.